UK Gambling Commission conducts review on customer account withdrawals
The UK Gambling Commission has initiated a review of customer account withdrawals following consistent complaints, as part of its Business Plan commitment to address non-compliance
The UK Gambling Commission is conducting a review on customer account withdrawals following a trend of complaints on the issue, which ranks as the top subject out of all complaints received by its contact centre.
The Commission collects data from some of the industry's largest companies on how they process withdrawals.
Findings indicate that operators approve, process, and fulfill approximately 99% of customer withdrawal requests within 24 to 48 hours, however, the Commission considers the remaining 1% significant due to the volume of customers.
The Commission will address customer withdrawal complaints as part of its Business Plan commitment announced in April, and it aims to monitor complaints and share insights from its review to address non-compliance with withdrawals.
Later in July, the Commission is also expected to publish the first four consultations from the Gambling Act review white paper.